What’s happening at the Village Hall? Quite a lot, actually. Since Boris relaxed the rules around the use of public spaces: -
✓ Existing clubs and other activities have restarted, in earnest.
✓ Several children’s birthday parties, also funeral wakes, have taken place.
✓ A few new clubs are looking to make Wickham Market their base
And the modernisation, what is happening with that? On the positive side: -
• Quotations have been received from several Architects and Surveyors to conduct a structural survey on the Hall.
• We are about to decide which quotation to accept. More on this next month.
• The George is setting up a User Group that will provide them advice on interior décor and have invited the Village Hall to join. A good collaboration, we think.
• We have been tidying up and clearing out unused or obsolete items that have been stored in the Village Hall for years.
• We are expecting a report shortly on the installation and use of green energy systems in the Village Hall.
On the negative side: -
➢ The Events Team has not started yet. We need more people to make it viable. If you would like to help, please step forward and contact Pete (see below).
➢ The Car Park is overcrowded, poorly maintained and becomes a lake in wet weather. There are no easy steps to take to resolve this problem, but it does affect the Village Hall’s viability.
So, not a lot has happened since the last Bulletin, eh?
➢ It’s the Summer! People have been getting out, going on holiday, having a break. Despite this we are making progress. There will be a lot of action in the Autumn.
➢ If you would like to come and help us on the Modernisation Team, you would be very welcome.
Please contact… Pete Holden Modernisation Steering Group (01728) 747229